800ml stock – vegetable and chicken stock combined using Knorr Stock Pots
5 Shallots, finely chopped
2 tsp butter or oil
Your favourite low protein rice – about half a box
Dash of white wine/masala cooking wine
Suitable vegan cheese – to taste
- Bring the stock to the boil with a couple of pinches of saffron.
- In a second pan, add the butter or oil and once bubbling add the shallots. Keep them moving so they don’t burn. Add the rice to the pan with the shallots and stir so the rice grains become coated in the oil/butter.
- Gradually add the stock to the rice, and add another pinch of saffron for colour or taste. Make sure you keep the rice moving to avoid sticking.
- Add in a splash (or two!) of wine.
- When the risotto starts to thicken add suitable grated vegan cheese. Don’t feel you have to use all the stock – go by the texture of the risotto in your pan.
- Serve with additional grated cheese and a sprig of basil.