Creamy Coconut & Butternut Squash Soup
- 100ml coconut milk, fresh
- 100ml vegetable stock
- 1 cup butternut squash, cubed
- ½ onion, chopped
- ½ tsp. garam masala
- (if you like it spicy, add ½ tsp. chilli flakes!)
For this recipe, you will also need oil, salt & pepper to taste (optional)
- Microwave the butternut squash for 4 minutes until soft.
- Fry 1 tbsp oil in a saucepan, on a high heat. Add the onions and stir for a few minutes until golden brown.
- Add the butternut squash to the onions and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add the garam masala and season with salt & pepper. Then add the coconut milk and stock, bring to the boil, and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Blend with a hand blender and serve with your favourite low protein bread.
Nutritional information per serving
Calories: 252 kcal
Phe: This recipe does not need to be counted as exchanges.