Crusty Bread Loaf
Teach to kids to make low protein bread!
Crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside!
- 250 g low protein flour
- 2 1/2 tsp yeast
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 170 ml lukewarm water
- Soak yeast and sugar in water for 10 minutes or until alive and frothy
- Mix the flour and salt
- Gradually add yeast mixture and oil until a dough is formed
- Knead dough for 10-15 minutes
- Cover and refrigerate overnight
- Knead dough again for 5 minutes
- Press down into 8″ x 4″ loaf pan
- Cover again and sit for 30-45 minutes
- Bake for 30-40 minutes at 180’C
Serve hot with butter!
242 kcals – This does not include the low protein flour – please calculate this separately depending on the flour you are using.
Exchange free. Please adjust according to the low-protein flour you are using.