Low Protein Cauliflower Cheese (PKU)
- 120g cauliflower
- 2 tsp butter
- 1.5 tbsp low protein flour
- 120 ml fresh coconut milk
- 50g Violife Original Block (grated)
- Chop cauliflower finely. Place in bowl. Cover and microwave for 4-5 minutes. Check it every 2 minutes.
- To make the cream sauce, melt the butter in a small pan. Add flour and stir in to a dough. Then gradually add the milk, stirring all the time (for 5 mins or until combined and thickened).
- Add cauliflower to the pan and coat it in the creamy sauce. Season as required.
- Add cauliflower cream into baking dish and top with cheese.
- Protein: The cauliflower contains 2 exchanges. 60g = 1 exchanges according to NSPKU guidance. Please check your low protein flour for exchanges. All other ingredients are exchange free.
- Calories: 279 kcals (please add the calories of your low protein flour)