Low Protein Halloumi Burger (PKU)
- 1 slice tomato
- 1 leaf lettuce
- 50g Dairy Free Halloumi (we used Tesco Free From range)
- 1 low protein bread roll (e.g. Mevalia mini baguette)
- 1 tbsp old el paso chunky salsa
You will also need 1/2 tbsp olive oil to fry (optional).
- Fry halloumi in 1/2 tbsp olive oil on both sides until golden brown (roughly 10 mins).
- Toast bread roll in the oven.
- Spread salsa on roll, and top with the lettuce, tomato and halloumi.
- Protein: This recipe is exchange free (please check the exchanges of your low protein bread as they can vary significantly)
- Calories: 222 kcals (does not include low protein bread – please add these calories)