Low Protein Rice Pudding (PKU)
- 160ml fresh coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 35g low protein rice (or risotto rice) – if using risotto rice, please count protein/exchanges separately
- 10g sugar
- 1/2 tsp orange zest
- Heat the milk and vanilla in a pan over a medium heat.
- Once the milk starts to steam, add the rice.
- Turn up the heat and stir for 5 minutes. Then cover until the rice is cooked.
- Once cooked remove from the heat and stir in the sugar and zest.
- Calories: 83 kcals (this does not include the calories of the low protein rice. Please check your packet for details as they vary significantly from brand to brand.)
- Protein: This recipe does not count as exchanges (but please check your low protein rice for protein/exchanges to be sure.)