Mushroom, Garlic & Parsley Soup
- 1 cup chestnut mushrooms
- 1 onion
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 150ml veg stock (check NSPKUs approved list)
For our Low Protein In 15 meals, you will just need oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Chop the onion, garlic and mushrooms.
- In a saucepan, fry the onions, garlic and 1 tbsp. olive oil on a high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and stir for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Add 150ml of boiling water to the stock cube, stir until completely dissolved, and then add to the pan. Stir for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Add the parsley and cook for a further minute.
- Cool for a few minutes, lightly season with salt & pepper and then blend with a hand blender or pour into a regular blender.
- Serve with your favourite toasted low protein bread or on its own.
Medical notice: This recipe is intended for patients with phenylketonuria (PKU). Any Cambrooke products in this video are for the dietary management of PKU, and should be used under medical supervision.
Nutritional information per serving
Calories: 133 kcal
Phe: This recipe does not need to be counted as exchanges.