Onion Bhaji + Raita
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 sliced onion
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 6-8 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 50g low protein flour
- 1/4 green chilli (finely chopped)
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/4 cucumber (peeled)
- Pour cold water over the onions and set to one side while you prepare the batter
- In a bowl add low protein flour, baking powder, turmeric, chilli powder and green chilli and mix together. Sprinkle some salt for seasoning
- Add around 50ml of water to the bowl and mix until it becomes a thick batter
- Grate the cucumber into a bowl and use kitchen towel to soak the excess water off
- Mix the grated cucumber into the mayonnaise
- Mix the onion into the batter
- Heat the oil until small bubbles appear. Place heaped tbsp onion mixture into the pan and fry for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown
- Serve with the raita dip!
365 kcals (please add the calories of your low protein flour – it varies significantly by brand).
Protein, phe and exchanges are to be calculated based on the low protein flour you are using to create the recipe. All other ingredients are classed as free according to the NSPKU guidelines.