Spicy Sausage and Tomato Pasta Arrabbiata by Annie Skidmore
For x1 portion
- 120g low protein penne pasta
- 100g spicy tomato pasta sauce
- Slice of aubergine
- 1/5 courgette
- 2 mushrooms
- 25g peas (1 exchange)
- 60g broccoli (1 exchange)
- 20g green/red pepper
- x1 low protein sausage or vegan beetroot sausage (1.5 exchanges – We used Aldi “The Deli” Cauliflower Masala Sausages)
- Topped w/ sprinkle of vegan cheese
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Boil pasta in a pan for 10 mins.
- After 3 mins add peas and broccoli and boil.
- Fry chopped veg and sausage in oil for 5 mins until cooked.
- Drain pasta and add to the frying pan along with tomato sauce.
- Stir and once the sauce is fully heated serve into a bowl.
- Sprinkle with cheese & ENJOY!
Nutritional information (1 serving):
- Calories: 278 (not including low protein pasta – please check pasta label for calorie content as kcals vary).
- Exchanges: 3.5 (check the exchanges in your low protein pasta and sausages. If you are unsure, always check with your health care professional).