Summer Strawberry & Roast Veg Salad
- 2 cups lettuce leaves (any exchange free leaves)
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 medium red pepper
- 1 tsp. balsamic glaze
For our low protein recipes, you will just need olive oil (or your favourite oil), salt & pepper to taste.
- Peel and chop the sweet potato into small chunks. In a bowl, mix the potato with a tsp. olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cover and place in the microwave for 3-4 minutes until cooked through. Then set aside to cool down.
- Slice the red pepper, and place in the microwave for 3-4 minutes or until soft. Then lightly rinse with cold water to cool the peppers down.
- Place the chopped lettuce leaves on your plate, and then assemble the salad using the peppers, sweet potatoes and strawberries.
- Finally drizzle over the balsamic glaze and you are good to go! We love this recipe all year around but especially in the summer alongside one of our smoothies!
Nutritional information per serving
Calories: 279 kcal
Phe: This recipe does not need to be counted as exchanges.