Tomato & Basil Soup
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes (or 4 medium fresh tomatoes + 1/2 can chopped tomatoes)
- 2-3 sprigs basil
- 1 onion
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 100ml veg stock (check NSPKUs approved list)
For our Low Protein In 15 meals, you will just need oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Chop the onion, garlic and tomatoes.
- In a saucepan, fry the onions, garlic and 1 tbsp. olive oil on a high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and basil and stir for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Add 100ml of boiling water to the stock cube, stir until completely dissolved, and then add to the pan. Stir for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Cool for a few minutes, lightly season with salt & pepper and then blend with a hand blender or pour into a regular blender.
- Serve with your favourite toasted low protein bread or on its own.
Medical notice: This recipe is intended for patients with phenylketonuria (PKU). Any Cambrooke products in this video are for the dietary management of PKU, and should be used under medical supervision.
Nutritional information per serving
Calories: 129 kcal
Phe: This recipe does not need to be counted as exchanges.