Veggie Cottage Pie by Annie Skidmore
For x1 portion
- 120g sweet potato
- x2 low protein or vegan sausages (We used Aldi “The Deli” Masala Cauliflower Sausages: 1.5 exchanges each)
- ½ carrot
- ¼ courgette
- ¼ parsnip
- ¼ pepper
- ½ tin chopped tomatoes
- Black pepper & herbs for seasoning
- 1 tbsp oil
- Dice sweet potato, vegetables and slice sausages.
- Boil sweet potato for 20 mins.
- Fry sausages and vegetables in oil for 5 mins.
- Add chopped tomatoes, black pepper and herbs to the vegetables and sausage.
- Stir and heat through
- Transfer to an oven proof dish and add mashed sweet potato on top.
- Bake for 10 mins at 200’C.
Nutritional Information (1 x portion)
- Calories: 405 kcals
- Exchanges: 3 exchanges. Always check the label of your low protein sausages or ask the NSPKU if you are not sure.